Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top o' the Morning to Ye!!!

As many of you know, today is a pretty special day. For those of you who are simply spying on me via WWW, prior to being declared St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th was foredestined to become an even more of an important day; my birthday! Turning 26 has been pretty awesome so far; I’m feeling pretty good about where I’m at in life and what the world has in store for me. As Gwen Stefani would say, “I’m feelin’ hella good.”


Last year was good, but it definitely had its ups and downs. Last night I had a pretty crazy dream which signifies, what I call a time of my life filled with awesomeness and good times.


In this dream, I was riding my bike* along and suddenly I noticed in the trees that there were snakes all around. Being an appreciator for all things slithering, I immediately stopped picked up a medium sized slithering beast. I’m no ophiologist, but I think it was a python.


Anyway, so I pick up said snake and begin to ride my bicycle. As I’m riding along, the snake freaking bites me in the face, but nothing happened (other than the fact that a freaking snake tried to kill me). I then proceeded to squeeze the snake. This quickly proved to be a not-so-good idea because then it bit my hand and I couldn’t get it off. I tried everything and eventually pried its jaws open and threw it on the ground. It began to race quickly away from me (probably because it recognized I had commandeered a shovel from somewhere). As it’s making its escape it slithered right into the belly of a much larger snake (anaconda?) which seemed to be much friendlier towards me. I thanked the snake for assisting me claim victory over snake “A” and after that I woke up.To help you fathom what it was really like I attempted to recreate the series of events.

What does this mean? I think the first snake signifies my 25th year of life on this earth and the second snake represents the upcoming year. The eating of the 25th year symbolizes the 26th’s year of superiority in all things awesome. So, you ask, what does this all mean? Well, this year is going to be a good one!


Of course this could be a combination of the following:


  • Listening to too much Aquabats, namely Attacked by Snakes
  • Looking on KSL and Craigslist for bikes (*If you have one you are looking to sell, let me know)
  • Killing snakes in Resident Evil 5

12 comments:

suebjensen said...

Happy Birthday Danny! It really means that you should NOT pick up snakes, easy as that!

Neal said...

Often when I am riding my bike around (I'd sell you mine if I didn't love it so much) I am afraid giant snakes will attack me and devour all my remains. How will anyone ever know what happened to me?

Other than the chance someone else might have seen me being eaten or the really fat snake afterwards.

Oh, and happy freaking birthday! You going to make Leatherby's two weekends in a row? Cuz you should. It's your birthday after all!

Chelsea Nelson said...

Its impossible for me not to laugh when I think of you.

Amber said...

I love it! I hope 26 is the best year ever!! Happy Birthday and maybe stay way from phython looking snakes!

The Haights said...

Danny! I love you! You are an awesome little brother and I love to hear your dreams and read your comics! Sometimes I wish I named Jacob after you. Sometimes I just call him Danny on accident anyway. So it's all good.

Valerie S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie S said...

Love you birthday boy. I know why you dreamed of snakes. St. Patrick (from Ireland) drove out all the snakes (http://www.dltk-holidays.com/patrick/about.htm) from Ireland (so I've heard). So it is very appropraite that your dream had something to do with snakes. But of course, nobody thinks you are a saint (except a LDSaint). I'll stop now, I think I'm rambling.

sorensenpower said...

Mom, I think you're right. It's probably a major factor in my dream creation.

Maybe this is a sign that I need to drive all the snakes out of utah by getting them to eat themselves.

sorensenpower said...

Oh, and..... "How did all these MF'ing snakes get on this MF'ing plane?"

Jesse said...

Happy birthday you strange, yet intriguing, friend.

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Dude, you're kinda weird. Get that weirdness and your cute wife and come to NYC.

When you get here, you will probably be wondering why I'm not answering my phone. Yeah, that's because I left it at work. So this is my nth communication attempt to tell you (and everyone we know in common) that you can reach the Rileys on Noah's phone - 435.232.5520.

See? I just gave out my significant other's number to the www - that's how truly I'm not trying to be incommunicato... (sp?)

Ryan said...

I thought you were going to buy my old bike. What happened?

Oh yeah. Alex sold it out from under you. Alex is a royal dick.