Thursday, March 26, 2009

Foodstuffs; a NYC mind-fudge

One of my favorite things about visiting NYC was the delicious foodstuffs. Everywhere you turn the streets were inundated with people selling all kinds of delights. Sometimes you'd be walking down the street and you'd smell something unprecedented. Because so many smells were mixing together, you weren't sure if it was a good smell or an evil smell. It was like so many smells - some good, some bad - converged to create a super-smell that somehow broke your smelling system. Anyway...

All of you know there is a hot dog stand on every corner, but did you know each of these hot dog stands is also home to a magical pretzel cooker? Well they are! For only two U.S. American dollars, you can get yourself a
saltily delicious pretzel!

If that doesn't suit your fancy, you can always go to Magnolia's Bakery. This little ditty is home to some of the best pastries in New York City. Above you can see two of the company's creations. The one on the left is a Macadamia Nut Cheesecake and the one on the right is a Pumpkin Cheesecake. Both selections delighted our pallets.

If you are feeling slightly exceedingly more carnivorous,
feel free to stop by the famous Carnegie Deli. While we didn't see Aurthur Fonzarelli or Bowser from Sha Na Na there, we did see pleanty of meat-filled sandwiches, like the above Woddy Harrelson, which was filled with 8 inches of corned beef and pastrami.

Where else could you find so many foods melted into one condensed location? New York City, my friend, New York City. So if yuo are looking for some good eats, you know where to go.

10 comments:

Ben said...

What no cocaine? Dope? You're in NYC, isn't that stuff, like, in their food pyramid?

sorensenpower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sorensenpower said...

Nope. Sorry Ben. I learned from Rick James that "Cocaine is a helluva drug!"

Mickael said...

You left some important info out of this post! Who ordered the Woody Harrelson a did they (you?) finish it.

sorensenpower said...

I did order it and no I did not finish it. I firmly believe that sandwich was not meant for one man to eat alone!

The Haights said...

YOU ORDERED THAT? I have to show this post to Robert. I wonder if he would have been able to eat it. I wish we could have gone with you guys!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Woody Harrelson? Woody Allen? Basically the same guy. (funny that I always used to confuse the two as a kid. Guy from Cheers; guy who dated his stepdaughter... so many details to keep straight.)

I completely hear you on the smells thing. I've intentionally quit taking deep breaths via nostril lately. Because I find myself asking Noah too often, "is that a good smell? Or is it not..."

JoeP said...

Dan, the Woody Harrelson is not a sandwich - it's a ham-hock between two ritz crackers.

New York - visit there, but leave before it makes you "hard."

sorensenpower said...

Exactly Joe! That's the best kind of sandwich!

And Allison, my philosolhy by the end of the trip was "When in doubt, keep it out." Out being out of my nostrils.

Neal said...

In the process of procrastinating some homework I decided to look through your past blog as a little refresher on the mind of Dan. The picture of the sandwich reminds me of Mitch Hedberg when he joked about the size of sandwiches in New York deli's.

"Do you want anything else with that?"

"Yeah, a loaf of bread and some other people!"