Friday, March 13, 2009

Comics?

Last weekend, Emi and I went and saw Watchmen. I was hoping to have read the book prior to seeing the movie, but alas, I did not. I liked the movie a lot, especially the first 20 minutes and the part about Rorschach's history. Now, upon discussing the cinematic successes of Watchmen, some may argue it was not as good as the comic book graphic novel. I have since started reading Watchmen and let me tell you this: it's pretty awesome. The characters are more developed and because I'm a little slow I can go back and read the parts I didn't understand. Hindsight has also made me feel happy I saw the movie first. So was the book better than the movie? Probably. Was the movie pretty awesome? Yeah. Will I see the movie again after finishing the book? Most definitely. Now, the following video compares the awesomeness of Watchman to the awesomeness of X-Men. I'll just let you view the clip for yourself.

4 comments:

Becca Jo said...

whatever you loved the parts with the blue penis

Amber said...

I love that you use the word awesomeness. That is one of my favorite words!

Mickael said...

Great video to pair with the blog entry. Excellent.

Ben said...

I'm pretty sure Dr. Manhattan's dong is the best part of BOTH mediums.

On a side note, the fact that The Watchmen was made into a major motion picture in my lifetime means that geeks have won the war against douchebags all over the world.

Now a new war must be waged.