Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The things parents say

The following is a conversation that happened after dinner on Sunday. Reader discretion is advised!

Stewart Brough:
So I got a new calling at church. I'm Assistant (to the) Scout Master! Man, I'm excited! I remember when I was a young scout.... (doddledo doodle do doodledo) so this lady was a total douche bag.

Valerie Sorensen (my mom): She was a what?

Sorensen Clan:
Come on Stewart. Yeah Stewart. Grandma is here.


John Sorensen: Yeah, I can imagine it now. 'You kids are going to have a fun time. Don't go being DB's though. You don't know what that is but I'll tell you later but don't tell your parents!'

Sorensen Clan: Chuckles

So apparently my dad knows what a "DB" is. I was so happy and confused all at the same time. I think that's the definition of a mind fudge!

5 comments:

The Haights said...

You left out the part where where Stewart called all of his ward members "Bastards" for not opposing his sustaining.

Becca Jo said...

That's my husband! I was just telling the story to Jill...and everyone else who will listen.

Scar Belly said...

I can tell I'm never going to live this down, am I?

:-)

Becca Jo said...

Plus Emi thought it was HILARIOUS when dad said that.

Valerie S said...

Daniel, I can't believe you posted this. Now people will think our family is weird. Well, more weird.