Monday, February 25, 2008

The Perfect Storm

…time cards, he has to sign these every Friday. Purchase orders have to be approved at the end of every month. And expense reports, all he has to do is initial these at the end of every quarter. But once a year, it all falls on the same Friday and that's today. I call it the Perfect Storm.
- Pam Beasley


Similar to Michael Scott, I have recently suffered what one might call a Perfect Storm. As you all know, I recently started a new job at The Summit Group. TSG has been pretty awesome so far, not to overwhelming but it’s always crazy starting a new job! In addition, I’ve been semi-busy with school. As always in academics, things get busy then you have a break. In addition, to top off my stormy life with a cherry, I am officially announcing I am engaged! Crazy, I know, but it’s pretty awesome so far!



So, I’ll start with most important news first: The Lady.

Emi, my fiancé, is pretty awesome! We have been engaged for about 2 weeks or so. She’s also from Riverton and we met through some mutual friends a couple of years ago. She recently returned from a mission to Japan.

We are going to be married on May 9, 2008. It will be a day to be remembered! I think we’re going to have cannons and stuff.

So that's my excuse for not posting in a while. I will try to be a better blogger. I’d like to make promises, but they could turn out to be empty so I will not do so.

9 comments:

B-Mental said...

Congratulationes Amigo!

JoeP said...

at least your honest - about the promises.

congrats buddy!

Becca Jo said...

I guess you do love her! :)

I'm so happy for you both!

The Haights said...

It's about time Emi got her proper posting! I'm so excited for you both.

Mickael said...

AWESOME!

CitizenPain said...

That pic of Emi was taken in front of my house! Notice the epilepsy train. Congratulations, brosef!

Senior Del Fuego said...

I always thought that you liked boys. Turns out that wasn't true. What a world we live in that a man can own stuff. Just think that if you lived in some sort of crapy country you would not be able to all that you do. X-box is cool. Do you game? Sometimes, when I am working and don't want to do anything I go onto blogs and make random comments so I feel as if I have accomplished something. I need to use the bathroom. Thats a paid break. Hell yeah!

Ryan said...

You should buy your fiancé a copy of the book "Goodbye, I Love You: A True Story of a Wife, Her Homosexual Husband, and a Love That Transcended Tragedy" by Carol Lynn Pearson.

You know, so she can relate.

Athewa said...

Dan!!... Im really so happy for you both!...(guess what...that day is also my birthday!... Sure I won't stop thinking about how happy you're gonna be that same day!... yeah!!!