Friday, December 21, 2007

Movies I have seen recently

There are three movies I have seen within the past week: I Am Legend, Juno, and Martian Child. I saw them in that order, but that is definitely not my order of favorites.

Juno was probably one of the funniest movies I have seen in ages. It is one of those comedies that merges humor with an intense and important life lesson. With hilarious characters such as Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office), Michael Cera (George Michael from Arrested Development) and Jason Bateman (Michael Bluth from Arrested Development), you were guaranteed success. The most hilarious person in the entire movie was Ellen Page, the girl who plays 17-year-old Juno McGuff. She was awesome in this movie! With noun-usage such as shanagans, baby related phrases such as "In China they are pretty much shooting babies out of those T-shirt guns" and classic, nostalgic, phrases such as "Thundercats are GO!" she was unstoppable.

This is a must see of the summer.

I am Legend was pretty boss. I loved every part of the movie, other than the scary monsters. They used CG monsters, but I feel they would've been much scarier if they were real (similar to the movie The Descent). See below:
Now, you may say, "Dan, that is a crappy picture of the I am Legend monsters." To which I reply, this is what they look like. Both pictures are of the same caliber compared with the rest of the movie. Also, there aren't any pictures of the IAL monsters on the internet. Probably because they realize how not scary they really are.
Martian Child was another hilarious movie. Not nearly as funny as Juno, but great nonetheless. In this, John Cusack plays a sci-fi writer who adopts a weird kid who thinks he's from Mars. I think I liked it because as a child, I was pretty weird myself.
I recommend seeing all three of these movies! You will not be let down.

7 comments:

Sarita said...

I am excited to see all three. Juno especially. But as far as IAL, I am spooked pretty easily and possibly the jumpiest person I know. When it comes to scary movies and taxidermy. So I will have to find a kind soul to protect me for an evening or its a no go.

CitizenPain said...

This is one doodle can't be undid, home skillet.

Scar Belly said...

I want to go see Juno - looks pretty funny and your confirmation makes it a "Go".

After seeing I Am Legend, I'll impart my perspective - It seems that the movie wasn't intended to be a scary/horror movie, just an interesting post apocalyptic thriller. That said, the monsters in the movie reminded me of the monsters in The Mummy, with cartoonish screaming faces...

I missed the eerie effect from The Omega Man, in which the zombies hung outside his house all night hissing "Neville!"

Senior Del Fuego said...

All I can say is that Jenny just read who her favorite comedy was and it was Mr. Belding... End of Story my wife awesome

Senior Del Fuego said...

Here is the funny thing about nephews they are smaller than you. So you can tell them what to do and they had better do it. Unless your nephew is a bear then just let him tell you what to do.

Sheree said...

Juno was awesome! I Am Legend was NOT awesome. The end.

Senior Del Fuego said...

danny I am bored with you blog now. I think that he would agree with me now! He in that sentence is the pope